Being Proactive

This week is an off-week for me, meaning, I didn't have any trim work to do. I've been feeling the itch, or in other words, I am in withdrawals from not painting! My motto at the beginning of the year is to, "DO MORE", and with that being said, I have been doing just that. I have followed up on my leads and have made things happen so far this year.

With my motto in mind, this week's readings go right along with "doing more".  We read about the "7 Habits of Effective People" by Stephen Covey. The first habit is to be PROACTIVE.  I feel I am doing just that; I am going after and pursing what I want to do and to accomplish.  I cant just sit around waiting on leads to come to me.  Its the exact opposite.  I must search and seek them out!
 The one thing that I am having an issue with is Habit #2.  It says to "begin with the end in mind".  I cant quiet wrap my head around this concept at the moment.  We have previewed this concept in previous lessons, but again, I can't grasp the concept as it pertains to me.  I guess,
because I'm not in this to become rich, to make loads of money.  I'm in this to have joy and to give to others my talent.  As I learn and grow in school, I hope to be able to obtain more knowledge as to see the end of what my vision is for my own painting company.
(trimming in KY)



In being proactive, I purchased these boots for myself for Christmas.  I will wear them for my first public bidding that I do.  I have them sitting out where I can see them everyday, to give me motivation and to be a constant reminder of the goal I have set to create my own painting company.  I'm looking forward to the day that I can put them on!

Comments

Popular Posts