Balancing Life

I have had a lot to ponder on this week's readings and videos. It was all about balancing family life and career.  Randy Komisar, in his video, "Balancing Your Life and Career", said the following:
1.  As a CEO, there isn't balance in your life.  It's a 24/7 job.
2.  Abalanced life is a dynamic.  You must have a holistic view; across time and the field of operation that your indulging in.
3.  Never put yourself in a situation where you can't say NO.
4.  Always be ethical
5.  Surround yourself with those who know you, respect you.

He gave up money, power, and opportunity in order to do things he used to do;  things he loved and missed, that didn't make him money.  It's a trade-off.

Balancing life as an entrepreneur means sacrificing somethings for the better, and priorities must be set in place. Money doesn't bring you happiness.  You must find your own happiness outside of money.

Even though my two children are grown and married, I will be willing to give up money, control, and opportunity to put my family first.  My husband comes first.  My family priority has been set in stone from the beginning, so this decision for me is extremely easy to make.

I do involve my husband in my opportunities to paint. I review with him every opportunity I have to paint, so that he knows what I am doing.  When I booked painting out of town, I involve him.  I did this with my painting job for two weeks in KY.  With that being said, he approved of me going to New Orleans, in May, to paint for our daughter's in-laws, for two weeks.  I just purchased my tickets.

I loved how Jim Ritchie closed his video, by saying, "Remember friends, tomorrow begins at 5:30am."  How profound this was for me! My goal for the next week is to get up when my husband leaves for work; at 5:30a, and begin my day, and to make this a habit.

Comments

Popular Posts