Discouraged

I have to admit, I'm beyond a little discouraged at the moment. 

While working on an assignment, an incident occurred that blindsided me, horrified me, and has left me so broken, torn, and in such disbelief.  The feelings of excitement of  pursuing my dream have automatically been replaced with numbness and doubt. Without going into any detail, the line was crossed.  I became another person's object.  With this being said, my eyes were opened and at the present moment, I am making a disclaimer to the future of my business: I will not be going public with my painting company.  I will continue to paint for close friends, but that's as far as I dare to go.

It absolutely pisses me off to have such an experience that can derail my dreams in a heartbeat, but I value my safety first and foremost. And to top it off, a question on the quiz had to be a fill in the blank quote by Woody Allen.  Go figure.

Whenever we have a video with Guy Kawanski, I take note of his words of wisdom.  His video, titled, "Aspects of Building Trust", he says that building trust is first and foremost.  If we trust others, others will trust us.  We are to be "bakers" of the pies of the world, and to make more pies that are bigger, and not to be "eaters" of the pies, who want to take all the gain for themselves.  Lastly, he says to always default to YES.  How can we help others? If we have this default system, we rarely will be screwed over. 

With the incident that occurred today, my trust is kinda damaged.  I feel I am extremely trustworthy and do what I say, and say what I mean.  It's the trust in others that is wavering. Funny how this was my favorite thing I enjoyed learning this week, to have it all come crashing inward on me, today.  There really is opposition in all things.

Rant over.....

For some fabulous news, I am purchasing plane tickets to New Orleans to paint for my daughter's in-laws for two weeks in May.  I couldn't be more excited!

Comments

Popular Posts