Good Things to Come

What a week this has been! I was able to get my CRACK on, as I've been itching to paint since coming home home from KY almost two weeks ago.  In other words, I was feeling the effects of major withdrawal!

As I was pondering over the weekly readings, I really enjoyed gleaning from multiple readings and videos. I was drawn to Elder Jeffery R. Holland's video, "Good Things to Come".  I love Elder Holland and his straight to the point council.  I loved it when he said the following:

Keep walking, keep trying
There is help and happiness ahead
Some blessings come soon,
Some come late
But for those who embrace the Gospel of Jesus Christ, they come.
It'll be alright in the end.
Trust God, 
and believe in Good Things To Come.

I can say, I honestly believe this! His talk, "However Long and Hard the Road", his words and council of;

Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great.
Behold, the Lord requireth the heart and a willing mind; and the willing and obedient shall eat the good of the land of Zion in these last days. [D&C 64:33–34]
This pierced my heart; as I must continue to work on giving all of my heart to my Father in heaven, so that He will continue to open the doors for me in both my personal life and professional life,

I also enjoyed the video by David Carrington, "Action Hero", when he speaks about entrepreneurs think backwards and think randomly.  I'm really beginning to process my pursuit of owning my own painting company with the "end in mind".  It's taken me eight weeks of course studies to begin to grasp this concept.  I believe it's beginning to sink in...

As I begin to ponder on my upcoming entrepreneur interview, questions are beginning to flood my mind.  I'm running into several business owners and the questions are flying one hundred mile an hour of the ins & outs and why's & how's of their business.  It's absolutely amazing to me to learn their stats of thier business!

 I was beginning to have an itch for painting, as I haven't painted in two weeks, since coming back from KY.   I was absolutely thrilled to able to paint a bathroom and vanity for a dear friend this week.  I told her I would paint for free, as it gives me experience, plus, I wanted to share my God-given talent with her; she refused and paid me.  She wants me to do all the trim in her house, for pay.  I'm really excited!

Here's a couple of pictures of me enjoying my CRACK!


Comments

Popular Posts